Adore Me is seeking an enthusiastic and talented senior-level UX/UI Designer to join our Bucharest-based team! In this role, you will work as part of the UX team to develop user-centered design solutions that support multiple cross-functional and cross-platform feature teams.
The ideal candidate has a strong UX/UI and product design background, with a desire to deliver outstanding user experiences across various digital touchpoints, while driving high-impact business value.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a vibrant and talented team of individuals who thrive in a culture of innovation and creativity, and have successfully built one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the industry.
What you’ll do
- Deliver customer-centered user experiences that build and enhance Adore Me’s brand and services
- You’ll work as part of the UX team to identify user needs & pain points, translating findings into actionable insights that drive your design process
- Hands-on production of user-requirements, competitive analyses, storyboards, user journey maps, wireframes, screen flows and prototyped interactions
- Conduct qualitative user research to evaluate existing solutions and validate design proposals (via Design Sprint or similar methodology)
- Work alongside product owners and stakeholders to translate business requirements and user research findings into elegant design solutions & interactions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to ensure high-quality implementation of design solutions
- Work with the UX Design team and front-end developers to maintain and define in-house pattern library.
Who you are
- You love all things UX Design and are excited to make an impact
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a start-up mentality
- You have a great work ethic and sense of ownership
- You keep up to date with industry best practices, latest design trends, techniques and technologies
You appreciate the importance of feedback and seek it out amongst peers and colleagues
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 5 years experience in web design in a dedicated UX, UI, IxD or IA role
- Strong creative, technical, and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to deliver end-to-end product design
- Refined design sensibilities, including but not limited to layout, typography, color theory, motion, and interactive design
- Ability to justify and explain design decisions – leveraging UX best practices, data, and/or a strong point of view
- Strong organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills
- Experience conducting qualitative research to evaluate design solutions via UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Lookback or similar
- Proven, hands-on experience with Sketch, Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects), InVision and Google suite of apps. (90% of our projects are built using Sketch + InVision)
- Cross-platform design is a plus (Web, Android, iOS)
- Basic knowledge of agile, lean and iterative methodologies
- Experience in Beauty and Fashion is a plus
This job will be based in our Bucharest office with occasional travel to our New York office as necessary.
** All applicants must include a link to an online portfolio or PDF with recent design work
About Adore Me
Adore Me is a disruptive e-commerce startup revolutionizing the lingerie industry by creating fast-fashion, affordable, inclusive intimates – you could say we’re the online Zara of lingerie.
Adore Me is ranked #17 on Crain’s Fast 50 list of fastest-growing companies in New York, ranked three times on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, including the #2 fastest growing retail company in the U.S. in 2015. Founded in 2012 with the ambition to disrupt the industry to its core - Adore Me has grown to be a team of 140 employees across the U.S. and Europe, with revenues exponentially growing from $1M in 2012 to $84M in 2016.
We adore what we do
We are more than just a team: we’re a community of energetic, goal-oriented, creative thinkers and doers. We’re dedicated to empowering women, starting with changing the way women think about and shop for lingerie. We do this by following our mission to provide facts, challenging each other to grow and innovate, minding the details, and caring strongly for each other and what we do.
We’re eccentric but focused; free-spirited, but motivated; purpose-driven, but fun; unpretentious, but always pushing ourselves to perform exceptionally. Our rapid growth is a testament to these qualities paired with our constantly nurtured environment of innovation, creativity, and restlessness.